A b o u t We For Yamuna’
‘We for Yamuna’ is a non- funded youth campaign, working since August 2000 towards creating and spreading awareness, regarding the Yamuna Pollution Problem, using innovative interactive media, as part of our larger endeavor towards creating a cleaner, greener and better society. Over a period of a year we have become one of the strongest voices on the issue of Yamuna pollution and have been recognized as such by the People, the Government of NCT of Delhi, the media,the United Nations Volunteers, as well as our peers.
'We For Yamuna' focuses on the dying river, which was, and ironically still is, the lifeline of Delhi and its adjoining areas. The group has been using the interactive media of photo exhibitions, workshops, wall magazines, T-shirt painting, poster making, yamuna walks and shramdaans among others, in order to generate awareness among the people about the widespread pollution emanating from industrial waste, the callousness of the populace and mobilize public opinion in order to bring about positive changes in society.
'We for Yamuna' has evolved as a movement -a consensus amongst people about the nature of the society, its problems and possible ways to work towards this change. By change we hope to bring about a change in the attitude of the masses, a change in the perception, a change in environment-both social and human.
'We for Yamuna' continues to be fuelled solely on youth volunteer effort and is perhaps one of the best examples of a youth volunteer effort.
Please contact the ‘We For Yamuna’ team or Mr. Rajeev Singh at 4628877, ext-256/404/347 or 4629252
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You could come visit us at : UNDP/UNV 55, Lodi Estate. New Delhi-110003.
Government of India
Ministry of Rural Development
Department of Drinking Water Supply
9th Floor, Paryavaran Bhavan
CGO Complex, Lodhi Road
New Delhi 110 003
Dated 23rd April 2007
Subject: Constitution of the Core group for Finalization of Guidelines on Sustainability of Drinking Water Supply Schemes.
The Core Group for Finalization of the Guidelines on Sustainability of Drinking water Supply Schemes is constituted with the following composition:-
1. Mrs. Santha Sheela Nair, Secy. (DWS) Chairperson
2. Mr. A. Bhattacharyya, Jt. Secy. (DWS) Member
3. Mr. K. D. Sharma, Director, National Institute of Hydrology, Roorkee Member
4. Mrs. Sunita Narain, Director, Centre for Science & Environment, New Delhi Member
5. Mr. Vasudeo, Vivekanand Kendra, Kanyakumari Member
6. Mr. Dirk Walther, Centre for Environmental Studies, Anna University, Chennai Member
7. Shri Rajendra Singh, Director – Tarun Bharat Sangh, Alwar-Rajasthan Member
8. Prof. Shunmugham, DHAN Foundation, Madurai. Member
9. Ms. Sushma Iyengar, KMVS, Bhuj-Kachchh Member
10. Mr. R. M. Deshpande, Addl. Adviser (DWS) Member
11. Mrs. Gayatri Sharma, Dy. Secy. (DWS-II) Member
12. Mr. D. Rajasekhar, Asst. Adviser (WQ) Convenor
(1) Ms. Sunita Narain
Centre for Science & Environment
41, Tughlakabad Institutional Area
New Delhi 110062
(2) Mr. K. D. Sharma
National Institute of Hydrology
(3) Mr. Vasudeo
Vivekanand Kendra, Vivekanand Nagar,
(4) Mr. Dirk Walther
Centre for Environmental Studies
Anna University, Sardar Patel Road
Chennai 600 025
(5) Prof. Shunmugham,
18, Pillaiyar Street, S. S. Colony
Madurai 625 036
(6) Shri Rajendra Singh
Director – Tarun Bharat Sangh,
(7) Ms. Sushma Iyengar
Kachchh Mahila Vikas Sangathan